Tuesday 8 February 2011

Futre Wargaming and Bug hunters

Since I've not been upto much(hence the no updates in the past weeks) I've started building a 25mm force for the Futre War Commander set of rules, using 25mm Gripping beast Marines.

All was going well, ordered the grunts, and all their kit, and in looking for the drop ships, the only one I could find that was any good was the Games workshop Valkyrie. In the traditions of GW, the model should be a double anything anyone with a brain would willingly pay, so I started trawling 2nd hand sites, and found 4 dropshis for about a 3rd of what they would cost new, nice one.

Or not. literally hours after the parcel arrived, I found a close 25mm scale Scotia Grendal copy of the Aliens ship, for the same price. Bugger. Well, since these are in the same county they wont be all that expensive with shipping, so its more next month.

Also from the same place are the APC's, also by scotia, or a close copy as well.

Well, thats the armour taken care of, now the figures. Gripping beast do "Sci Fi Marines" army deal for £25 complete with smart gun (X2), sentry gun(x1), flame throwers(X2), Missile Launcher(X1), troopers(X8), Pilot/APC Crewman(X1), Officer(X1), Trooper with Shotgun(X2) so thats pretty much a section, well I've got two of them coming so along with the 3 APCs & Drop ships thats a formidable force.

Pretty much everything I've allready got from Pendraken in 10 mm, so hopefully I'll be able to field a platoon level force, and a company force.

Anyway, thats all I've been upto recently, so over to you.

Red 36 Actual Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment