Monday 24 January 2011

Bet you thought I'd forgotton

First off, I didnt realise it had been a year. I bet you thought I'd forgot all about the blog did'nt you?

Whats happened since my last update? Well I was found fit to work at a medical in april, and Won an apeal against the descision at the begining of December. So that now means I can get on with the business of re habilitation without the worry of whether or not I will have to get a job. Happily, the doctors have finally refered my to a physio, so hopefully it wont be long now.

I've decided to convert all my Games Workshop Cadians to give them West Wind German heads, and paint them up as Africa Corps, At first it was going to be field grey germans until someone pointed out I might lose posible opponents because of the nazi nature of the army, strange when I dont get any problems finding opponents in flames of war with my swastica festooned german tanks, but hay ho, if thats the feeling at the gaming club.

Reluctantly, I havent been Airsofting since early April, partly due to the money the DWP havent been paying me, The Last Airsoft game I attended was the Airsoft International Tour of Duty game at Elite Action Games near Dorking. I was running arround in my Austrailian Infantry gear, SLR, Greens etc, for the most part with only Tom, who was in an Austrailian SAS loadout, using the superior Range of the SLR to flank the enemy, but occasionally taking part in larger assaults to bolster the firepower of the 3 rifle sections with M16's & M60'. Bloody Yanks.

Although I havent had the money to go airsofting I have been Larping, only once, but its almost enough to contain my lust for excessive violence & gun play. I was crewing the July event for Stargate LRP. I was asked to play a Sheriff, along similar lines to the bloke in the Firefly eppisode "The Train Job", although I decided to play him as a cross between Gene Hunt & Jack Regan. Although much hilarity ensued when a player told a ref he wanted to interogate my prisoner, whithout telling me or the prisoner, leading to me givving him a gene hunt style beating in front of a load of the Stargate Charicters, only for the ref to come back and say "Ok, that didnt happen" Never mind.

Still wanting to go to one of the stargate events organised by the fight school, hopefully this year will be the year for that.

Anyway, more later. Red 36 Out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, good to see you back in the groove, five-by-five. Know what it is like to be off work on extended sick and the palaver of occupational health etc. Well done.

    We'd love to see you at The Fight School: Contact! game.

    BTW: I've started a separate airsoft blog here:

    http://contact-blazer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete