Tuesday 1 January 2013

Another Step Closer

Another step closer
I finished a Diploma in Environmental Conservation on July 11, 201y, its a fancy name for an NVQ, but its all there on the CV to give me the practical skills to back up the degree I'm working towards via the Open University. I am actually glad its finished and I can get on with me OU work for a few months before college starts again in September.

In September I'll be doing an Arboriculture & Forestry Diploma, again to add practical skills to my repetroir. I'm not sure what I'll be doing when this finishes, but it will be either study for another Diploma/NVQ or looking for a job where I can develop my skills & experience, like an apprenticeship.

As for my OU work, I've almost finished my second module. The other week I switched my degree as the new one has more career relevance, though it shares the same core modules, so I'm in the same place, just working towards a BSC in Environmental Management rather than a BA/BSC Environment Studies.

OK, so a few of the later modules from the BSC dont grab my imagination as much as those from the BA, but at the end of the day I can go back and study those on their own once I've finished if I want to, and be able to get a job doing what I love in the mean time.

I'm hoping that once I've finished with the OU, and I've gained the practical countryside management skills, and the experience from volunteering for the National Trust & my local County Council I will be able to get a good job either sub contracting for varius NGO's, or as a team leader for the National parks/Forestry Commission/ NGO's/ Local Authority or private estate.

Heres hoping eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment